Friday, January 29, 2010


I still remember the first time I picked up my first cd that introduced me and made me appreciate the music world more than ever before. I must have been around 15 at the time when I was about to enter the world of crazy, psychotic boxing day shoppers at the mall... I remember running into HMV and picking up a copy of coldplays , A Rush of Blood to the Head. Although, I'm pretty sure it wasn't on sale, I couldn't leave without it. I bought it, brought it home and popped it into the cd player. I listened to that cd over, and over and over. If I went out of the house I brought it with me in my red discman and would listen to it, despite every time it skipped a beat. I remember the feeling that cd gave me and each song spoke to me in a different way. The songs changed the way I viewed the world at that moment. A walk down the street could turn into something completely different and I would be transcended into an entirely new world at just the push of a button. It has been since that moment that music has become my escape. When my world around me seems in complete dissaray it has been to music that I turn to to make everything just stop for a couple minutes. Music takes me to a place where only I exist, where everything else around me seems so insignificant and for just a moment it's only me and a song. It's funny how a certain song can take you back to a time and bring back a feeling that existed so long ago. Like scent, certain songs, have the ability to rewind your life and bring you back to a significant moment in the past. Music has spoken to me in more ways than anything ever has and allows me to find the words when I can't find them myself. Music has and still continues to be my escape from the world and the sounds of coldplay bring me back to a place where I was just a girl discovering a world that would ulitimately change my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers